Monday, March 17, 2008

Dynamite & Pacquiao: A score to settle in the near future.

Fans of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao rejoiced after winning the championship and was declared the new super feather weight champion of the world.

Was it over? I don't think so.... winning from a split decision made people think that it was not over. Some people think that Marquez should have won and not Pacquiao, the only thing that will satisfy this people is to see another match from both boxing champs.

Several boxing analysts even commented that this event should be investigated for possible foul play. It was a very close fight and I myself cannot blame the judges for their scoring. I had always believe that there was no sense in crying over a spilled milk.

I don't even had the chance to compare who's got a higher hit points. The room was filled with mixed emotions, I was intensely shouting, rejoicing, and punching in the air, enjoying the game with other members of the family and some friends over several bottles of brandy and barbecued chicken.

Just after the winner was announced..... by split decision, I realized with friends agreeing that the story between these vigorous, courageous, and both equally strong boxing champs was not over and has to settle the real score between them in the future.

In my opinion, may it be a knock-out, unanimous or by a split decision, it doesn't matter at all... winning is winning. Cheers to Manny Pacquiao. He now holds championship belts in several boxing divisions.

No comments: